|科目名||Cross-cultural Language and Communication Ⅱ|
|担当者||国際学部 准教授 カーソン，ルーク|
|概要||Students in this class will learn about how and why different cultures communicate differently, and how to communicate in cross-cultural situations. Classes will involve short lectures by the teacher where students will learn about different concepts, discussion activities and class activities where students will practice their communication skills for international or cross-cultural interactions.|
|科目の到達目標||The goal of this class is to develop students’ knowledge of how cultures differ, how these differences effect communication, and to improve students’ ability to communicate with across cultures effectively.|
|受講要件||This class will be mainly taught in English. Students must actively participate in English during the class, and prepare for classes. Attendance is mandatory. Students should take Cross-cultural language and Communication I before taking this class.|
|事前・事後学修の内容||All students must bring a dictionary to class (smartphone is ok), and must have a USB.|
1. Multinational company conflict
2. Emotions, Values, Facework and Communication styles
3. Humour: what is funny, where is it funny, why is it funny?
4. A life in Japan: non-nationals experience of Japan
5. A life in Japan
6. Comparing countries with Hofstede
7. Mid-term presentation preparation
8. Mid-term presentation preparation
10. Culture Shock
11. Culture Shock
14. Communicating internationally in English: Formal and informal communication
15. The perfect country?
Class participation (30%), assignments (15%), mid-term presentation (15%), attendance (10%) and final report (30%).
|教科書等||Readings for this course will be provided by the teacher. Students may be required to print out materials provided online by the teacher.|